There are thousands of unwanted cats in the UK, please don’t add to that number!
Be a responsible owner and have your cat neutered (both males and females) and micro-chipped when it is four months or older and weighs
at least 2kgs.
Some of the benefits of neutering:
Neutered male cats
- Are less likely to wander
- Are less likely to fight, therefore improving their chances of avoiding serious diseases, like feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and feline leukaemia virus (FeLV) which are transmitted by cat bites and reproductive activity.
- Will be less likely to mark their territory with urine.
Spayed female cats
- Can avoid unwanted pregnancies (Regardless of what some people believe - It is NOT beneficial for a female cat to have a litter before spaying).
- They will be less likely to contract diseases related to non neutering such as Cervical Cancer.
- They won't ‘call’ during their sexual cycle.
Neutering is a very simple operation for most cats and they recover very quickly, but we’d recommend following your vet’s advice on how to look after your cat after the operation.
Cats Protection can help with the cost of neutering and micro-chipping if you receive State Benefits or are on a low income. In these cases, neutering and micro-chipping is available for the small cost of £5.00 for a male cat and £7.50 for a female cat, at the following veterinary practices:
Moor Cottage – London Road, Binfield
Shinfield – Shinfield Road, Reading
Forest House - Clewer Hill Road, Windsor
Denton Vets - Wokingham
Family Friends Vets - SL1
There is no need to register at any of these surgeries in order to qualify.
If you can’t get to one of the designated vets, you may use another vet of your choice, but our voucher will only cover part of the cost (£25 for a male, or £40 for a female). You will need to pay the balance of the bill yourself.
If you have a feral or stray colony of cats in your area we can provide a full cost voucher to neuter.
For further enquiries on neutering please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 03453 71421. Lines are open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm only.
Note: Our neutering vouchers have a short expiry date, so please don't request one
until your cat or kitten is at least four months old and weighs 2kgs.